Cough Assist T70 Device
CoughAssist T70 clears secretions from the lungs by gradually applying positive air pressure to the airway and then rapidly shifting to negative air pressure . The resulting high expiratory flow simulates a deep, natural cough.
LEARN ABOUT THE IN'S AND OUT'S OF THE RESPIRONICS COUGH ASSIST
How does the Cough Assist work?
Using a process called mechanical insufflation-exsufflation, the device gradually applies a positive pressure to the airway followed by a rapid shift to negative pressure. This rapid shift produces a high expiratory flow from the lungs, simulating a cough. The technique avoids airway damage and offers an alternative to an invasive procedure while still offering patients greater comfort and quality of life.
What conditions does the Device treat?
The machine has been proven effective for patients with an insufficient ability to cough due to:
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Or any other neurological disorder with some paralysis of the respiratory muscles, such as a spinal cord injury
What should I consider before purchasing the Cough Assist?
- Any patient unable to cough or clear secretions effectively due to reduced peak cough expiratory flow (less than 3 liters per second), resulting from high spinal cord injuries, neuromuscular deficits or severe fatigue associated with intrinsic lung disease is a candidate for the this device.
- Any patient with a history of bullous emphysema, known susceptibility to pneumothorax, or pneumo-mediastinum, or known to have had any recent barotrauma, should consult seriously with a physician before using.
How is the Cough Assist T70 used?
The device is versatile enough to be used with a face mask or mouthpiece Additionally, it can work with an adapter to a patient's endotracheal or tracheostomy tube. It is also safe enough to be used on both adult and pediatric patients at home or in a hospital/institutional environment, and is a noninvasive respiratory therapythat safely removes secretions from patients suffering with an ineffective ability to cough. The device clears secretions by gradually applying a positive pressure to the airway, then rapidly shifting to negative pressure. The rapid shift in pressure produces a high expiratory flow, simulating a natural cough.
Click below to see video of the Cough Assist T70:
Product Components of the Cough Assist T70 Device:
- CoughAssist T70 Machine.
- SD Card.
- Hose Clip.
- Air Filter.
- 6 Foot Patient Circuit.
- AC Power Cord.
- Carry Case.
- Removes secretions from the lungs.
- Reduces the occurrence of respiratory infections.
- Safe, noninvasive alternative to suctioning.
- Easy for patients and caregivers to operate.
- Safe use with tracheostomy tubes for patients with ALS.
- Expels 29% more mucus than deep suctioning.
- Improves SpO2 in ALS patients receiving mechanical ventilation via Tracheostomy tube.
- Clears airways for longer periods of time than tracheal suctioning and with fewer complications.
- Less irritating, less painful, less tiring, and less uncomfortable than tracheal suctioning.
- Minimizes the risk of pneumonia and infections.
Product Specifications of the Cough Assist T70 Device:
- Width: 11.5'
- Height: 9.1'
- Depth: 7.5'
- Weight: 8.4 lbs.
- Weight with Detachable Battery: 9.4 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: 5 CÂ° to 35Â° C.
- Relative Humidity: 15 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Atmospheric pressure: 101 kPa to 77 kPa.
- Preset Capability: 3.
- Operation Modes: Manual and Auto.
- Maximum Positive Pressure: 70 cm H2O
- Maximum Negative Pressure: -70 cm H2O
- Triggering: Cough-Trak on/off. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Inhale Flow: Low, Medium, High.
- Inspiratory Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Expiratory Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Pause Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode or if Cough-Trak is enabled)
- Product Number: 1098160 (This model replaces the CA-3000 Automatic and the CM-3000 Manual)
- Warranty: 1 year limited on T70, 90 days mask.
NOTICE: U.S. Federal Law restricts the sale of device to physicians or those with a valid prescription.